You can send Harry Potter eBooks and digital audio books as gifts to anyone who has an email address.
How to buy gifts
- Find the book you want to purchase and click the 'Buy as a gift' link (Please check the book is the edition you want before you do this)
- Enter your name
- Enter the email address of the person you are buying for (if they are under 18, please enter their parent or guardian's email address instead)
- Write a personal message
- Select date you would like the gift to be sent
- Tell us which country they live in
- Click the 'Add gift to basket' button
- Preview the email
- Go to the checkout and pay for your gift (If you haven't already created a shop account, you will be prompted to do this first).
At checkout, you will have the opportunity to print off a gift certificate to send a physical version of the gift. (Please bear in mind the recipient will still need to receive the email to get their gift code)
Sometimes, certain books are not available in some countries as gifts, so you may be prompted to change your selection.
Once you have confirmed and paid for your gift, we will wait until the date you have chosen to send the recipient an email to let them know that you have bought them a book from the Pottermore Shop (you will also receive an email to confirm this has been sent).
If the person you're buying for already has the book, that's easily solved. As long as the recipient has not redeemed their gift code, you can Contact us to request a refund and then purchase a different eBook or digital audio book as a new gift to replace it.
To collect your gift, simply click on the link that you received in your gift email and enter your 24-character gift code. If you haven't done so already, you will be asked to create a shop account – this is so we can save your book(s) in 'My books'.
If you already own the book that you've been given, please don't collect the gift. Instead, ask the person who bought you the gift to Contact us and we will let them have a refund and select an alternative.
Please note, we cannot process a refund if your gift code has been redeemed.
For more information about sending or receiving gifts, please take a look at our gifts frequently asked questions.