Can I read eBooks on my device?
Compatible devices - eBooks (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)
Pottermore Shop eBooks are provided in EPUB format - the world's most popular and open eBook standard - and are compatible with the vast majority of computers and devices. In addition, the Harry Potter eBooks are available in Amazon kindle formats for use by Amazon Kindle devices and apps.
This is just a selection of the popular devices that can be used to read the Harry Potter eBooks:
- Sony Reader (PRS---505 & PRS---700)
- Sony Reader WiFi (PRS---T1)
- Sony Tablet S & Sony Tablet P (SGPT1XX & SGPT212)
- Daily Edition (PRS---900BC & PRS 950SC)
- Pocket Edition (PRS---300SC & PRS---350SC)
- Touch Edition (PRS---600BC & PRS 650BC)
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus
- Samsung Galaxy S
- HTC EVO
- Motorola Droid
- Samsung Galaxy Tab
- Asus Transformer
- Acer Iconia Tab
- Motorola Xoom
- Toshiba Thrive
- Other mobile and tablet devices running Android v1.5 or higher (i.e. PanDigital Novel)
- All Amazon Kindle devices and reading apps
- All Barnes & Noble NOOK devices and reading apps
- Kobo eReader (including Kobo eReader, eReader wireless and Kobo Touch)
- All devices hosting the Blio app
- All devices hosting the Scholastic Storia app
- iPhone running iOS v4.2 or newer
- iPad running iOS v4.2 or newer
- iPod touch running iOS v4.2 or newer
Most eBook–reading devices support the EPUB format. For a comprehensive list, visit http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalpublishing/supported-devices or check your manufacturer's guidelines to see if this applies to your device.
Compatible devices - Japanese eBooks
A selection of the popular devices that can be used to read the Japanese Harry Potter eBooks:
- All Sony Readers for the Japanese market (with the latest firmware installed)
- Sony Tablet for the Japanese market (with Reader for Sony Tablet version 2.1 or later)
- Sony Xperia for the Japanese market (with Reader for Xperia version 2.1 or later)
- kobo Touch (with the latest firmware installed, download to your device from kobo digital library only)Not currently available on the Kobo App
eBooks can be downloaded to mobile phones which have eBook-reading applications installed. Please check with your device manufacturer to see if this is the case.
Further information can also be found in the Downloading eBooks help section.
Software you may need on your computer
To read EPUB eBooks on your computer, you may need software that supports the EPUB format, such as Adobe Digital Editions, which is available for free.
Take a look at our Compatible devices and reading services help section for more information about installing this software.