How do I buy a gift on the Pottermore Shop?
- Find the eBook you want to purchase and click the 'Buy as a gift' link
- Enter your name
- Enter the email address of the person you are buying for (if they are under 18, please enter their parent or guardian's email address instead)
- Write a personal message
- Select the date you would like the gift to be sent (select today if it's a last minute gift)
- Tell us which country the recipient lives in
- Click the 'Add gift to basket' button
- Preview the email that will be sent to the gift recipient and check the details
- Go to the checkout and pay for your gift (If you haven't already created a shop account, you will be prompted to do this first).
- At the checkout, you will have the opportunity to print off a gift certificate to send a physical version of the gift. (Please bear in mind the recipient will still need to receive the email to get their gift code)
Certain books are not available in some countries as gifts due to publishing restrictions - you may therefore be prompted to change your selection.
We will send the gift recipient an email, as per the preview email, on your chosen date. This will contain your personal message and their unique gift code. You will also receive an email to confirm this has been sent.
If the person you're buying for already has the book, that's easily solved. As long as the recipient has not redeemed their gift code, you can Contact us to request a refund and then purchase a different eBook or digital audio book as a new gift to replace it.
I have been sent a gift. How do I redeem it?
To redeem your gift, simply click on the link that you received in your gift email and enter your 24-character gift code. If you haven't done so already, you will be asked to create a shop account – this is so your books can be saved in one secure place, 'My books'.
What happens after I have purchased my gift?
Once you have confirmed and paid for your gift, we will wait until the date you have chosen to send the recipient an email to let them know that you have bought them an eBook from the Pottermore Shop. You will also receive an email to confirm that your gift has been sent.
What happens if they already have the book I have bought for them?
So long as the recipient has not redeemed their gift code you can Contact us to request a refund and then purchase a different eBook or digital audio book as a new gift to replace it.
My recipient hasn't received their gift yet. What should I do?
First of all, please double check that you entered their correct email address when you placed their order. If you did, please ask the recipient to check their junk mail in case it accidentally went there. If they still haven't received their email after checking this, please Contact us.
I already own the book I have received as a gift. What should I do?
You can't exchange the gift yourself, but you can ask the person who bought you the gift to Contact us to request a refund. They can then purchase an alternative eBook or digital audio book from the Pottermore Shop for you.
Please note, we cannot process a refund if your gift code has been redeemed.
My gift code isn't working. What should I do?
Please re-enter your 24-character gift code, ensuring you are careful to include all the numbers and letters exactly as they appear in your email.
If it still doesn't work the next time you enter it, please click the Contact us link, choose 'Gifts' within the 'Reason you are contacting us' list, then select 'Collecting gifts'. Please also include any relevant details so we can help you as quickly as possible.